CAP annually serves over 3000 clients through the following programs:
- Healthy Families: Free home visiting services for expectant and new parents facing challenges and stressors, helping them have healthy pregnancies and develop a loving bond with their babies.
- Early Head Start: Voluntary home visiting services to expectant and new parents with children under age three with the objective of improving school readiness skills.
- Mentoring: Caring adult volunteers meet weekly with youth (ages 8 to 15) to provide a supportive and trusting relationship, help children gain new experiences, and lay the ground work for social and academic success.
- Housing: Assisting families who are homeless or at high-risk of becoming homeless with temporary rental and utility, finding suitable housing, financial counseling, and home visiting case management.
- Kinship Care: Supports grandparents, other relatives, and even family friends who are caring for children. A home visitor assists caregivers to find the support necessary to make a successful transition for children into their home and family
- Family Action: A voluntary home visiting program that partners with DSS referred families to keep children safe and healthy and to reduce or eliminate the risks of out-of-home placement for children.
- Supportive Services: Case workers offer assistance to families in need with a wide variety of services including assistance for utility, heat and rent, budgeting, employment, transportation, smoking cessation, and referral to community and government services.
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) on Madison, Herkimer and Oneida counties. WIC offers nutrition education, breastfeeding support, referrals and a variety of nutritious foods to low-income pregnant, breastfeeding or postpartum women, infants and children up to age five to promote and support good health.
- Getting Started- Coaching for Workplace Readiness:Addresses the needs of low-income youth lacking soft skills that are increasingly important in the changing economy to find and retain jobs.