COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP FOR MADISON COUNTY
Nutrition Assistant Team Leader
JOB SUMMARY: Nutrition Assistant Team Leader – will provide leadership and guidance to the nutrition assistants, by working with other WIC staff throughout the nutrition assessment and education process to provide consumer friendly, professional, participant centered quality care that will enhance the lives of those served. Will provide training and evaluations to staff as directed by policy and on a need basis. Will provide Nutrition Assistant duties in the clinics as scheduled. Will provide support to the Site Manager in Utica. This is a 30 hour position eligible for benefits. This position is based in Utica, travel to all WIC sites as needed is also required.
- Provide leadership, training, oversight, and guidance to nutrition assistants across the local agency.
- Conduct formal and informal observations of all nutrition assistant staff. Conduct QAs for all nutrition assistant staff, document any inadequacies and develop corrective action plans and trainings as needed.
- Provide leadership in developing, implementation and evaluation of trainings for local agency staff.
- Perform all duties of a nutrition assistant including: Collecting information for the nutrition assessment process, including obtaining anthropometric and hematological data, and determine program eligibility.
- Set the tone for excellent customer service to participants as they enter the clinic.
- Provide clinic and office support to the CPA, Qualified Nutritionist, and the Site Manager.
- Promote Breastfeeding as the preferred infant feeding method.
- Provide referrals to health and public assistance programs, and document follow-up.
- Attend staff meetings, team meetings, supervision time, trainings and inter-agency functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned or required for the clinic
- This position will be a floater position and will be filling in at any CAP WIC location on assigned days when other NAs are unavailable.
- Provide support to the Site Manager.
- Minimum requirements are a High School Diploma or GED. An Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Health or Human Services is preferred.
- One year minimum experience as a Nutrition Assistant is required, 2 years of experience as a Nutrition Assistant is preferred.
- Must currently be qualified as a Nutrition Assistant.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to work independently and as a team member, ability to keep information confidential, and the ability to establish healthy client/worker boundaries.
- Proficient in use of computer and Microsoft applications (particularly Word); experience with automated data bases preferred.
- Required to complete Family Development Credentialing course within three years of hire as available.
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation.
Candidate must be able to pass an acceptable background check. Employment will be conditional pending the outcome of the check.If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and three professional references to:HR@capmadco.org. CAP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.