Madison County Community Action Partnership Early Head Start
Family Support Worker
The Family Support Worker position exists to establish positive, supportive and reciprocal relationships with families and children. The Early Head Start Family Support Worker is a full time job (37.5 hrs/wk) eligible for benefits. The position will be based primarily out of the Morrisville office.
- The Family Support Worker will provide home-based educational and support services to enrolled families with young children, or expectant parents, and maintain a minimum caseload of 10-12 families.
- Plan and implement home-based program activities for families, maintain files and documentation as required.
- The Family Support Worker is responsible for the delivery of comprehensive home based services to children and families.
- This position is responsible for facilitating home visits, assisting families obtain necessary information, resources and services, identifying and addressing concerns, facilitating socialization/class days, tracking program data and ensuring continuity of services for children ages 0-3.
- Home Visitor CDA required or Associates degree in Early Childhood, Human Services or related field.
- Previous work experience with children and families. Positive communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to form trusting relationships. Demonstrated dependability and reliability is crucial for this independent role.
- Must be proficient in basic computer skills and Microsoft Word.
- Must have own transportation and valid driver’s license.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and three professional references to: HR@capmadco.org. CAP is an EOE/AAE.
Nutrition Assistant Team Leader
JOB SUMMARY: Nutrition Assistant Team Leader – will provide leadership and guidance to the nutrition assistants, by working with other WIC staff throughout the nutrition assessment and education process to provide consumer friendly, professional, participant centered quality care that will enhance the lives of those served. Will provide training and evaluations to staff as directed by policy and on a need basis. Will provide Nutrition Assistant duties in the clinics as scheduled. Will provide support to the Site Manager in Utica. This is a 30 hour position eligible for benefits. This position is based in Utica, travel to all WIC sites as needed is also required.
- Provide leadership, training, oversight, and guidance to nutrition assistants across the local agency.
- Conduct formal and informal observations of all nutrition assistant staff. Conduct QAs for all nutrition assistant staff, document any inadequacies and develop corrective action plans and trainings as needed.
- Provide leadership in developing, implementation and evaluation of trainings for local agency staff.
- Perform all duties of a nutrition assistant including: Collecting information for the nutrition assessment process, including obtaining anthropometric and hematological data, and determine program eligibility.
- Set the tone for excellent customer service to participants as they enter the clinic.
- Provide clinic and office support to the CPA, Qualified Nutritionist, and the Site Manager.
- Promote Breastfeeding as the preferred infant feeding method.
- Provide referrals to health and public assistance programs, and document follow-up.
- Attend staff meetings, team meetings, supervision time, trainings and inter-agency functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned or required for the clinic
- This position will be a floater position and will be filling in at any CAP WIC location on assigned days when other NAs are unavailable.
- Provide support to the Site Manager.
- Minimum requirements are a High School Diploma or GED. An Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Health or Human Services is preferred.
- One year minimum experience as a Nutrition Assistant is required, 2 years of experience as a Nutrition Assistant is preferred.
- Must currently be qualified as a Nutrition Assistant.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to work independently and as a team member, ability to keep information confidential, and the ability to establish healthy client/worker boundaries.
- Proficient in use of computer and Microsoft applications (particularly Word); experience with automated data bases preferred.
- Required to complete Family Development Credentialing course within three years of hire as available.
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation.
Candidate must be able to pass an acceptable background check. Employment will be conditional pending the outcome of the check.If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and three professional references to:HR@capmadco.org. CAP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.